The Bi-Annual Cold


About twice a year I get a cold. I never run a fever but I'm tired and stuffed up and a little achy. Usually I get a horrid headache and end up a little buzzed on Sudafed and Tylenol or Advil. Hubby usually lets me rest and nap because, to quote him "You're more help to me when you're well. I need you to not be sick any more". He's so thoughtful. ;)

So I take my pills, take my naps, bore myself to tears and life goes on. Only the house is a mess, the kids are still in their pajamas and I can't think of anything to cook 'cause all I can taste or smell is snot. It's a lot of work to do all this crap by yourself and I don't expect, or want, Hubby to try and take it all on on his own. We're partners - a team. Which is why I really need to get off my butt (especially when I'm not sick) and do the Mommy Thing.

Yes folks, I have been slacking off and letting things slide. I can't tell you when I vacuumed last. Laundry gets washed but rarely folded. The bathrooms are clean-ish but not as clean as I want or need them to be. The kitchen counters are kinda gross. My bedroom looks like a bomb of clothes and craft supplies went off (there were casualties). Everything is kind of dusty and just cluttered. Blah. I hate it. I hate to walk into my house and heave a big sigh while thinking "Fuck it. I'll do it later." But later never does come, does it? I am the queen of procrastination, my dear readers.


Yea, it's my fault. I need to get off my rump and get to workin'. It's just such a daunting task at this point that I don't even know where to start. I mean, I do know where to start, but it just all seems so over whelming. All I really want to do is sit down and read a book all day long. But I can't...I really shouldn't. So I'm going to get up and get to cleaning!


...as soon as this cold goes away.

Comments