The Blog About Nothing


I've reached the point in my blogging where I've gone over my top "this is super important to me" list. So we've reached the phase of blogging, my dear readers, where I just kind of slap something up here and hope y'all like it. So here goes!

Companion Planting

Companion planting is planting plants in the same beds or areas that compliment each other by helping produce the right compounds in the soil, keeping away pests, or preventing infections. I try to do this as often as possible because I *loath* using chemical pesticides. Here's a list of companion plants that I commonly use:

  • Marigolds- helps most plants by producing pesticides that deter beetles and nematodes
  • Geranium- repels cabbage worms, Japanese beetles.
  • Rosemary- repels carrot fly
  • Snapdragons- attracts bees 

 

Chicken Nuggets! 

(From paleoeffect.com)


2 lbs Chicken Breast (cut into bite sized chunks)
1 Egg
¼ cup Arrowroot Powder
½ cup Almond Flour
2 Tbsp coconut sugar or maple sugar
2 tsp Sea Salt
1 ½ tsp Black Pepper
½ tsp Paprika
Beat one egg in a bowl. Dice the chicken into bite sized chunks and coat in the egg.  If you are using honey instead of coconut crystals, mix it into the egg.
Put all remaining dry ingredients into a ziplock bag or bowl and make sure that they are incorporated. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then either add it to the bag and shake to coat or simply roll it in the bowl to coat.
Fry them puppies! Some people want to bake these, but I find they turn out dry and over-done. So I fry 'em. I use enough coconut oil to make it about 1/2" thick in the frying pan and I pop the nuggets in and let them cook for about 5 minutes or so, turning them over frequently. Change the oil as often as needed to prevent setting off the smoke alarm. ;)

Comments